Areas of Expertise: Waste characterization/management, RCRA, TSCA, transportation, regulatory compliance, environmental/ISO 14001 audits, training, regulatory compliance and report, SWPPP and SPCC plans
Education/Certifications: B.A. in Microbiology, University of Kansas; MDiv in Theology, Southwestern Theological Seminary; hazardous waste coursework, Texas Christian University and Wayne State University; OSHA 40-hour certification; Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM); Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA); ISO 14001 Lead Auditor; FSSC 22000, HACCP, BRC certified
Elizabeth has over 20 years of experience in the environmental services industry, with extensive management responsibilities for multiple facilities and service functions. She has broad knowledge of various waste management options and regulations, including RCRA, TSCA, and DOT.
As a Senior Consultant, Elizabeth’s primary functions include regulatory research, environmental auditing, ISO 14001 auditing and regulatory reporting. She has conducted extensive research on asbestos regulations and developed tracking and communication mechanisms for federal state and local asbestos regulations. In addition, she has formulated SWPPP and SPCC plans and completed environmental reporting (Hazardous waste, Tier II, TRI and air). As a Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA), Elizabeth routinely conducts environmental audits for Kestrel’s clients, and develops related procedures and training to help ensure regulatory compliance. She also assists clients with NACD’s Responsible Distribution certification and continued compliance.
Elizabeth’s experience prior to joining Kestrel includes:
- Organizing pre-notifications and approvals for transshipment of waste to Canada Training and teaching RCRA, DOT, PCB/TSCA and facility permits.
- Managed customer service staff at multiple TSDFs and 10-day facilities.
- Implementing a regional customer service structure to improve communication and ensure standardization of systems and service.
- Managing in-plant services and projects at automotive plants, where she conducted inspections and audits, and managed waste characterization, transportation, disposal, and invoice creation/submittal.
- Managing customer service, technical approvals, waste receiving, scheduling, and administrative staff
- Developing training programs for fuel blending strategies, oil recycling, solvent recycling, and wastewater management.
Elizabeth has worked in a variety of industries, including waste management (stabilization, wastewater, fuel blending etc.), automotive, automotive suppliers, chemical distribution, and manufacturing.