BY: Stacey Pisani
Food Safety / Kestrel Management News
Comments: No Comments
Kestrel is seeking a summer intern in our Madison, Wisconsin office and supporting consultants in the Chicago and Washington D.C. areas. The ideal candidate will have a technical background, strong work ethic, and desire to learn and gain experience performing a variety of tasks related to food safety, health and safety, and quality management systems. Duration of the position is expected from June 2018 through August 2018, with the potential opportunity for continued part-time work during the school year.
- Participate in a broad variety of technical assignments related to areas such as food safety, health and safety, and quality management systems
- Assist with preparing work plans, data summary tables, figures, and report text
- Perform background research on various topics
- Conduct field work as needed
- Support internal company processes and improvements
- Interact with colleagues, clients, vendors, and subcontractors
- Candidate for a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as food science/safety or microbiology. Other related fieldswill be considered.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is mandatory. Experience with other software applications (Sharepoint, AutoCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Must possess solid technical and problem-solving skills and must be willing to accept occasional short-term field assignments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work from the Madison, WI office for the duration of the internship.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.