Kestrel Management is seeking a senior market-facing EHS professional with an emphasis on environmental services to join our team. The EHS Director has responsibility for leading the development of new clients, including engaging with trade associations; meeting with clients; and managing the proposal development, contracts, and invoicing process. This individual will monitor and understand Kestrel’s current target markets (i.e., chemicals, utilities, manufacturing), including market drivers and industry leaders; promote and position Kestrel within the industry; target appropriate clients; develop needed services; and lead the growth of sales, particularly in the environmental arena. There is opportunity for expansion outside of Kestrel’s target markets depending on the candidate’s depth of experience in other markets.
In addition, the EHS Director will work closely with Kestrel Client Service Managers, Project Managers, and Consultants in making service improvement recommendations to meet changing market and client needs. S/he will assist in understanding clients’ ongoing needs, guiding the development and provision of Kestrel services to meet those needs, and periodically assessing client satisfaction.
This position offers an ownership opportunity for the appropriate candidate.
- Identify and recommend services, strategies, and actions to improve Kestrel’s services, productivity, and profitability, particularly in the environmental arena
- Provide market feedback on industry needs, monitor competitor products/services, and offer insight for service/product research
- Identify new business and/or market opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Effectively develop, build, and expand client relationships leading to repeat business
- Meet with select key clients, assisting in sales, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing sales
- Review client satisfaction and track issues resolution through corrective/preventive action
- Review and analyze sales performance
- Represent Kestrel at select trade association meetings/conferences
- Work with Kestrel’s Marketing Director to promote and position Kestrel within the industry
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of ten years of consulting experience with a focus on environmental services; industry experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to grow and develop business
- Knowledge of client service principles and practices
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizational abilities
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
Location: Upper Midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan)
How to Apply: Forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are You Attending the NACD Central Region Meeting?
Kestrel is looking forward to seeing many of you in St. Louis—and to continuing our conversations about your business/compliance needs and how Kestrel is helping chemical distributors more effectively manage management system requirements (e.g., Responsible Distribution, ISO 9001) and ongoing EHS&S and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) compliance obligations.
NACD Central Region Meeting
June 11-13, 2018
St. Louis, Missouri
Connect with Kestrel
Jake Taylor (Kestrel’s Responsible Distribution Adviser) and Liz Hillgren will both be on-hand at the Central Region Meeting. Please reach out—introduce yourself, get to know Jake and Liz, share your compliance concerns, and learn more about how Kestrel is committed to serving NACD as a strategic partner. We look forward to seeing many of you soon in St. Louis!
It’s time to “Discover the Possible” at the AFPM National Occupational & Process Safety Conference. Beyond the program of interesting industry presentations and learning opportunities, Kestrel Management is looking forward to connecting with many of you in San Antonio.
AFPM National Occupational & Process Safety Conference
May 15-16, 2018
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your needs and discuss how Kestrel helps our clients improve occupational and process safety performance; manage EHS and quality risks; and achieve regulatory compliance assurance. See you in San Antonio!
Kestrel is seeking an experienced professional with a strong safety compliance background to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of industrial safety procedures and how safety relates to process improvement to help our clients proactively manage their operational safety-related risks. The Safety Consultant will possess a strong understanding of OSHA requirements, as well as experience assessing, developing, and implementing OSHA safety programs in an industrial setting.
- Perform safety compliance program assessment, development and standardization
- Conduct assessments, training, and coaching for safety performance improvement projects
- Perform safety compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Conduct incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Work with a team to assess, design, implement and audit safety management systems and programs
- Design safety performance metrics to drive continual improvement
- Apply quality and process improvement methods and tools
- Support other Kestrel professionals to effectively manage and deliver projects
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in safety for industry/manufacturing (chemical industry experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of OSHA safety standards and programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing, and a variety of computer skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational abilities
- Willingness and ability to learn and use technology – hardware and software – to meet client’s needs
- Willingness to travel, both within the U.S. and to international locations; must have or be able to obtain a valid passport after employment begins
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Kestrel is pleased to be growing our resources to the food industry with the addition of Senior Consultant Melody Ge.
Melody brings a diverse background to the Kestrel team. She started her career in product development, including production and quality control of a vegan “chicken meat” product. She then transitioned to a Compliance Specialist at SQF Institute, where she established and developed the SQFI Compliance Program and maintained the integrity of the SQF certification; and developing the SQF Code.
Immediately prior to joining Kestrel, Melody served in a number of quality management and business development roles at Lidl, an international grocery chain. As the Deputy Quality Assurance Director, she oversaw suppliers, food safety control, and product quality monitoring and management to maintain quality and safety of product routine tasks.
At Kestrel, Melody will be serving as project manager for food safety-related projects. She will be supporting clients in developing and implementing GFSI schemes and supplier approval programs, and sharing her expertise in GFSI, FSMA, FSVP, HACCP, GMP, SQF, IFS, FSSC 22000, and ISO.
Melody holds a Master’s Degree in Food Science from the University of Maryland, College Park, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science and Technology from Shanghai Ocean University, and is fluent in English, Mandarin/Cantonese Chinese, French, and German. She is a member of the Institute of Food Technology (IFT) and holds certificates in HACCP, Extrusion Processing and Technology and Commercialization, and Commercially Sterile Packaged Foods.
Kestrel is pleased to be growing our resources to the food industry with the addition of Senior Consultant Roberto Bellavia.
Roberto comes to Kestrel following a successful career with US Foods, where he provided leadership for quality and food safety programs; managed and developed HACCP, GMP, SSOP, and SOP programs; and planned and implemented GFSI certification for FSSC 22000 at 13 national locations.
At Kestrel, Roberto will be serving as project manager for food safety-related projects and supporting clients in developing and implementing GFSI schemes and supplier approval programs. He will focus on meat, dairy, RTE, bakery, and other related food industry segments.
Roberto holds a number of food qualifications that will enhance Kestrel’s ability to serve the food industry, including GFSI, HACCP, GMP, SSOP, SOP, FSPCA, Lead Auditor certifications. He has nearly 20 years of food quality experience and a Master’s Degree in Animal Production Science from the University of Camerino in Italy.
Join Kestrel at the AFPM Annual Meeting to hear William Brokaw present his paper, Using a Data-Driven Method of Accident Analysis: A Case Study of the Human Performance Reliability (HPR) Process.
AFPM 2016 Annual Meeting
March 13-15, 2016
Kestrel Presentation: March 14 at 3:30 p.m.
Hilton San Francisco Union Square
San Francisco, CA
The Role of Human Error in Occupational Incidents
The concept of human error and its contribution to occupational accidents and incidents have received considerable research attention in recent years. When an accident/incident occurs, investigation and analysis of the human error that led to the incident often reveals vulnerabilities in an organization’s management system.
This recent emphasis on human error has resulted in an expansion of knowledge related to human error and the most common factors contributing to incidents. Kestrel’s Human Performance Reliability (HPR) process helps to classify human error—with the additional step of associating the control(s) that failed to prevent the incident from occurring. This process allows organizations to identify how and where to focus resources to drive safety performance improvements.
In this presentation, Will describes Kestrel’s method for identifying the most frequent human errors and most problematic controls and presents a case study wherein HPR was applied to a large petroleum refining company.
Catch Up with Kestrel
In addition to the presentation on March 14, Kestrel’s experts will also be on hand throughout the Annual Meeting to talk with you. We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your needs and to discuss how we help our chemical and oil & gas clients manage environmental, safety, and quality risks; improve safety performance, and achieve regulatory compliance assurance