BY: Stacey Pisani
Comments: No Comments
Join the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD) and Kestrel Principal Evan Fitzgerald for a free webinar on Responsible Distribution Code XIII. We will be taking a deeper dive into Code XIII.D., which focuses on cybersecurity and information. Find out ways to protect your company from this constantly evolving threat.
Are you challenged with…
- Staying on top of EHS&S regulatory compliance?
- Managing your Responsible Distribution verification requirements?
- Handling increased demands from food safety requirements?
- Finding the time to manage it all?
Kestrel Management can help.
Kestrel has been a long-standing NACD Preferred Compliance Provider, Responsible Distribution Adviser, and Gold Corporate Sponsor, providing leading EHS and food safety compliance expertise and Responsible Distribution assistance. Whether helping members manage compliance through our custom Right-Sized Compliance approach, managing Responsible Distribution verification requirements through Code & Compliance Elite™ (CCE), or creating custom solutions tailored to your business needs, Kestrel will help address your challenges.
Here’s where you can find us in New Orleans:
August 13, 2:00-5:00 p.m
Responsible Distribution Workshop Adviser Panel Discussion
August 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Exhibition Booth #502
August 15 -16
We look forward to seeing our clients and friends—both old and new—at ChemEdge in New Orleans next week!
Kestrel Senior Consultant Jake Taylor recently joined the Board of Directors for the Badgerland Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). ASSP is a global association for occupational safety and health professionals. For more than 100 years, the Society has provided education, standards development, advocacy and a professional community to support the advancement of members and the safety profession.
Jake brings over 20 years of management experience, particularly in the areas of EHS and risk management, to his ASSP Board position. He has vast experience developing and implementing comprehensive, corporate-wide safety programs. Jake also serves as a Responsible Distribution Adviser for the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), where he provides in-depth support and assistance with the design and implementation of members’ Responsible Distribution programs and verifications.
The Badgerland Chapter of ASSP was chartered in 1995 and has over 100 members. Its geographical boundaries are southern Wisconsin—from LaCrosse to Watertown. The Badgerland Chapter strives to give members an opportunity to learn from a technical presentation or a tour of a local business and their safety, environmental and health programs.
Kestrel Principal Tom Kunes was recently invited to join the Board of Directors for NIATx. NIATx developed a process improvement model specifically for the substance abuse treatment field. At NIATx, process improvement is defined as a series of actions taken by a change team to identify, analyze and improve existing processes within an organization to meet new goals and objectives.
Tom brings over 40 years of experience consulting industrial clients in operational and business risk management, process improvement, and compliance assurance to his NIATx Board position. He has expertise in helping organizations improve existing systems and optimize them to reduce costs and risks and improve performance. His ability to link business processes, management systems, and daily practices has allowed many companies to more effectively manage business risks and liabilities and improve effectiveness.
NIATx was founded in 2003 and began by providing technical assistance to 39 organizations. As of 2010, the organization works with more than 2000 organizations across multiple initiatives in all 50 states. NIATx is part of the Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies based at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The director of NIATx is Dr. David H. Gustafson, professor of industrial and systems engineering.
Join Kestrel’s food safety experts this July. We would enjoy the opportunity to meet up with you to discuss your food safety challenges. Here’s where you can find us:
International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Annual Meeting
July 8-11, 2018
Salt Palace Convention Center – Salt Lake City, Utah
Get insights on current and emerging food safety issues, the latest science, innovative solutions to new and recurring problems, and the opportunity to network with thousands of food safety professionals. Plus…don’t miss Kestrel Senior Consultant Melody Ge as she presents, “Sanitation, Did We Do It Right?” on Monday, July 9.
Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meeting (IFT18)
July 15-18, 2018
McCormick Place – Chicago, Illinois
Join food professionals from around the globe and experience powerful presentations, panel discussions, and debates exploring important and timely topics in the science of food.
Webinar: The New SQF Fundamentals Program
July 24, 2018 at 12 p.m. ET
Learn more about SQF’s new Fundamentals Program for small to medium-sized businesses in this webinar. The program provides a step-by-step approach to improve food safety management and will help facilitate retailer acceptance of entrepreneurs and provide additional food safety security and acceptance along the supply chain. Kestrel Senior Consultant Melody Ge will be partnering with SQFI Compliance Manager Chris Sinclair to provide this training.
Kestrel is proud to provide our ongoing support for the manufacture, processing, and distribution of safe food. We look forward to seeing you this July!
Food safety is a critical component of a successful supplier/buyer trading partnership. SQFI has created an approach for small- to medium-size food producers who don’t have a robust food safety program in place that satisfies buyers’ and retailers’ concerns—the new Fundamentals Program for Food Manufacturing and the Fundamentals Program for Primary Producers.
Kestrel Management Senior Consultant Melody Ge will be joining SQFI Compliance Manager Chris Sinclair to walk you through this SQF Fundamentals Program’s step-by-step approach to improve food safety management in a FREE webinar.
The New SQF Fundamentals Program:
Partnering the Global Markets Programme and the SQF Code
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
12:00 p.m. ET
Join us to discuss the new Fundamentals Program and how it can apply to your operation. We will discuss the requirements and provide best practices on how to get started on your certification journey.
- Learn about the new SQF Fundamentals Program for small- and medium-sized businesses
- Understand the requirements of the SQF Fundamentals Program
- Understand who should use the SQF Fundamentals Program and the benefits of the program
- Hear some of the obstacles and best practices on how to get started
Kestrel Management is seeking a senior market-facing EHS professional with an emphasis on environmental services to join our team. The EHS Director has responsibility for leading the development of new clients, including engaging with trade associations; meeting with clients; and managing the proposal development, contracts, and invoicing process. This individual will monitor and understand Kestrel’s current target markets (i.e., chemicals, utilities, manufacturing), including market drivers and industry leaders; promote and position Kestrel within the industry; target appropriate clients; develop needed services; and lead the growth of sales, particularly in the environmental arena. There is opportunity for expansion outside of Kestrel’s target markets depending on the candidate’s depth of experience in other markets.
In addition, the EHS Director will work closely with Kestrel Client Service Managers, Project Managers, and Consultants in making service improvement recommendations to meet changing market and client needs. S/he will assist in understanding clients’ ongoing needs, guiding the development and provision of Kestrel services to meet those needs, and periodically assessing client satisfaction.
This position offers an ownership opportunity for the appropriate candidate.
- Identify and recommend services, strategies, and actions to improve Kestrel’s services, productivity, and profitability, particularly in the environmental arena
- Provide market feedback on industry needs, monitor competitor products/services, and offer insight for service/product research
- Identify new business and/or market opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Effectively develop, build, and expand client relationships leading to repeat business
- Meet with select key clients, assisting in sales, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing sales
- Review client satisfaction and track issues resolution through corrective/preventive action
- Review and analyze sales performance
- Represent Kestrel at select trade association meetings/conferences
- Work with Kestrel’s Marketing Director to promote and position Kestrel within the industry
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of ten years of consulting experience with a focus on environmental services; industry experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to grow and develop business
- Knowledge of client service principles and practices
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizational abilities
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
Location: Upper Midwest (Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan)
How to Apply: Forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are You Attending the NACD Central Region Meeting?
Kestrel is looking forward to seeing many of you in St. Louis—and to continuing our conversations about your business/compliance needs and how Kestrel is helping chemical distributors more effectively manage management system requirements (e.g., Responsible Distribution, ISO 9001) and ongoing EHS&S and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) compliance obligations.
NACD Central Region Meeting
June 11-13, 2018
St. Louis, Missouri
Connect with Kestrel
Jake Taylor (Kestrel’s Responsible Distribution Adviser) and Liz Hillgren will both be on-hand at the Central Region Meeting. Please reach out—introduce yourself, get to know Jake and Liz, share your compliance concerns, and learn more about how Kestrel is committed to serving NACD as a strategic partner. We look forward to seeing many of you soon in St. Louis!
It’s time to “Discover the Possible” at the AFPM National Occupational & Process Safety Conference. Beyond the program of interesting industry presentations and learning opportunities, Kestrel Management is looking forward to connecting with many of you in San Antonio.
AFPM National Occupational & Process Safety Conference
May 15-16, 2018
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your needs and discuss how Kestrel helps our clients improve occupational and process safety performance; manage EHS and quality risks; and achieve regulatory compliance assurance. See you in San Antonio!
Kestrel is seeking an experienced professional with a strong safety compliance background to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of industrial safety procedures and how safety relates to process improvement to help our clients proactively manage their operational safety-related risks. The Safety Consultant will possess a strong understanding of OSHA requirements, as well as experience assessing, developing, and implementing OSHA safety programs in an industrial setting.
- Perform safety compliance program assessment, development and standardization
- Conduct assessments, training, and coaching for safety performance improvement projects
- Perform safety compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Conduct incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Work with a team to assess, design, implement and audit safety management systems and programs
- Design safety performance metrics to drive continual improvement
- Apply quality and process improvement methods and tools
- Support other Kestrel professionals to effectively manage and deliver projects
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in safety for industry/manufacturing (chemical industry experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of OSHA safety standards and programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing, and a variety of computer skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational abilities
- Willingness and ability to learn and use technology – hardware and software – to meet client’s needs
- Willingness to travel, both within the U.S. and to international locations; must have or be able to obtain a valid passport after employment begins
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.