BY: Stacey Pisani
Kestrel Management News / Safety
Comments: No Comments
OSHA1910.120 (HAZWOPER) requires any employees who are in positions that may respond to chemical spills or emergencies onsite be trained in chemical risk recognition, spill control basics, emergency response, and additional requirements depending on the level of response expected.
24-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Initial Technician Training
November 5-7, 2019
8 am – 4:30 pm daily
Fairfield Inn & Suites | 215 NE Delaware Ave. | Ankeny, Iowa
Kestrel’s 24-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Initial Technician Training is offered as a 3-day, hands-on course. Participants will learn how to recognize basic hazard classes, read labels and use SDS to understand risk, use engineering controls or PPE to prevent exposure, address field analytical equipment, and correctly respond to spills and implement emergency response site plans.
Topics covered include:
- OSHA requirements
- Basic hazard classes
- Hazard communication
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Respiratory protection
- Spill Control, Containment, and Countermeasures (SPCC)
- Emergency response
- EPA regulatory overlap
Cost: $495/participant; includes lunch and snacks. Participants will receive a certificate of training completion, course guide, and resource collection of OSHA support materials.
- Training session will be held at Fairfield Inn & Suites | 215 NE Delaware Ave. | Ankeny, Iowa.
- Training is scheduled to begin at 8:00 am and end at 4:30 pm daily (or until material is complete).
- Snack and lunch will be provided.
- Participants will receive a training manual, pre-/post-competency test, exercises, and a certificate of completion, provided they receive an 80% or above on the test.