Meet Our Team
- Areas of Expertise: CSR and sustainable development, EHS management systems, Lean Six Sigma, EHS compliance auditing, strategic due diligence, management information systems
- Education: M.S. in Chemistry, University of Michigan; B.S. in Chemistry & Russian Studies, Randolph-Macon Woman’s College; NREP Certified Environmental Auditor; Lean Six Sigma Green Belt; certified Green Tier environmental auditor (WDNR)
As a Senior Consultant specializing in EHS management and compliance assurance, Sarah has over 25 years of assessment, regulatory compliance, due diligence, and management system experience built on a solid technical background. She has provided strategic advisory services to numerous Fortune 500 companies to drive business value from EHS matters, including sustainability, risk management, and eco-efficiency. Sarah uses Lean Six Sigma tools to further drive EHS improvements.
Sarah has provided a full range of corporate-level management services, including:
- Conducting hundreds of multi-media compliance audits for industrial clients across the U.S., Europe, Canada, Mexico, and China
- Developing and facilitating the implementation and improvement of ISO9001 and ISO14001 management systems at numerous facilities, resulting in measured increases in business value through EHS improvements
- Designing and managing Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) programs in accordance with standards established by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), for commercial real estate, and for corporate risk management programs
- Helping develop Web-based management systems
- Creating numerous regulatory compliance and management system guidance documents and training programs for topics ranging from DOT hazardous materials compliance to management system internal auditing
In addition to her extensive regulatory auditing and due diligence experience, Sarah’s background also includes experience providing expert witness testimony, formulating SPCC and contingency plans, managing hazardous materials, preparing annual reports, conducting UST audits and upgrade analyses, and developing and managing in-plant chemical inventories. She has worked in the following industries: automotive suppliers and tire manufacturers, chemical distributors and manufacturers, pharmaceuticals, cement manufacturers, pulp and paper plants, refineries, foundries, and many others.