Meet Our Team
Industrial EHS Consulting, Auditing
- Areas of Expertise: EHS auditing, compliance, management, contractor management, engineering
- Education/Certifications: M.S. degree in Engineering, Cornell University; B.A. degree, University of Rochester; Professional Engineer (P.E.), Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Bob has over 35 years of international industrial, consulting, and academic experience in the fields of EHS management; auditing; compliance; permitting; project management; engineering; preparing and delivering training programs; preparing and/or revising policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures; developing, implementing, and auditing contractor safety programs; planning, organizing and running workshops, seminars and conferences; wastewater treatment; waste management; waste minimization; providing support to factory planning, design, commissioning, operations, and/or de-commissioning; providing support for mergers, acquisitions and/or divestitures; and providing loss prevention/fire protection support.
Bob has provided EHS support, engineering, and project management for numerous projects in over 20 states and 25 countries. A summary of his areas of expertise includes the following:
- Conducting EHS audits, gap analyses, assessments, inspections, and reviews; developing and implementing action plans to take corrective action
- Providing compliance assistance, including permit applications, filing regulatory reports, maintaining regulatory compliance, negotiating with agencies, etc.
- Preparing, reviewing, and/or revising policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Preparing, reviewing, revising and/or delivering training programs
- Developing, implementing and maintaining regulatory programs to ensure compliance
- Developing, implementing and auditing contractor safety programs to reduce risk
- Developing and implementing a contract manufacturer, supplier, and/or vendor audit program to reduce risk
- Conducting incident investigations to understand what happened and why and to determine the root cause; recommending and implementing corrective and preventive actions to minimize recurrence
- Developing and implementing EHS management systems (e.g., ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000)
- Developing and implementing wastewater/storm water programs and projects; developing and implementing water management/conservation programs and projects
- Developing and implementing waste management/minimization programs and projects
Bob has given papers at outside conferences and taught environmental courses at local colleges. He is also a Professional Engineer (P.E.), Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), and Certified Safety Professional (CSP).