Meet Our Team
- Areas of Expertise: Food safety, quality assurance, sanitation programs, GFSI/SQI, supplier quality, GMP, HACCP, SSOP, bio-security programs and policies, environmental monitoring, product testing/analysis, ISO 9001
- Education/Certifications: M.S. and B.S. in Food Science and Technology, Texas Tech University; Ordinary National Diploma in Food Technology, Birmingham College of Food (England); ISO 9001:2000 Certified Internal Auditor; Advanced Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point and SSOP Certification; Prime Label Nutrition and Labeling Course Certification; Certification in Basic HTST Pasteurization (Texas); Certified in Implementation and Maintenance of GFSI/SQF 2000 at Level 2 and Level 3; Certified SQF Practitioner; Member of the National Association of Meat Processors (NAMP).
Regina has 25 years of experience in food safety and quality assurance. She has considerable regulatory and compliance experience, with an emphasis in FSIS/ USDA food safety assessment, nutrition, and labeling. Regina has developed and implemented critical process standard operating procedures; sanitation programs; cost improvement initiatives; GFSI/SQF Code 2000 Level 2 and 3; supplier quality programs; Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP); USDA/FSIS, HACCP, SSOP, pre-requisite programs; BEY/export verification; RTE Environmental l Monitoring Program; and allergen, FDA and food bio-security programs and policies. She also trains management and operators in food safety, HACCP, and conformance to specification and ISO 9001.
Prior to joining Kestrel, Regina worked as a Senior Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance and Director of Quality Assurance and Technical Service, where she:
- Directed, planned, and coordinated all food safety programs (e.g., microbiological, chemical, and shelf life)
- Ensured the implementation and adherence to environmental monitoring programs
- Led the corporate quality function in cooperation with operations to meet company and regulatory standards for product safety, quality, and consumer acceptance
- Performed and/or oversaw HACCP, GMP, labeling, BEV/EV, sensory, suppliers, R&D, laboratory, and associated third-party audits
- Audited and approved potential raw material (meat) vendors and co-packers on food safety and GMP
- Directed laboratory operations, statistical methods applications, and corrective actions programs
- Created and re-assessed HACCP programs and environmental sampling programs for ready-to eat products
Her product experience includes meat, poultry, pork, ready-to-eat, HPP products, dairy products, flat breads, sauces, and spreads.