Meet Our Team
- Areas of Expertise: Management systems design and implementation (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27000, OHSAS 18001, ANSI Z-10, FSSC 22000, BRC, IFS, SQF), process design, Kaizen, EHS awareness/compliance, process controls
- Education/Certifications: B.S. in Chemistry & Psychology, Concordia University, Certified Lead Auditor for Process Safety Management
Randy assists industrial clients in quality, EHS, process, food safety, and energy systems development and optimization. He has a proven track record of analyzing operations and improving processes by combining his knowledge of process design, operations, maintenance, Kaizen, and quality systems management. He routinely applies optimization methods to help companies improve their profit margins and their operational and compliance performance.
Randy has a deep appreciation and understanding of how to design, implement, and maintain management systems for certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27000, OHSAS 18001, ANSI Z-10, FSSC 22000, BRC, and modern safety management systems. He is able to jump start activities so companies achieve certification and internal improvement in relatively short order. Randy has also spearheaded many efforts to increase production and profitability through compliance with EHS and food safety standards, improved quality of production and worker performance, and tying all improvements with programs that enhance personnel morale and efficiency.
Prior to joining Kestrel, Randy was involved in instituting “just-in-time” inventory and production controls long before the management system became a popular buzzword. His experience with USP and the petroleum and chemical industries helped form his understanding of the importance of efficiency and effectiveness when linking environmental awareness/compliance with production and operation economics. His past experience includes:
- Developing employee training programs for EHS awareness and increased production efficiency
- Instituting a facility upgrade to improve employee satisfaction and lower production costs
- Implementing ISO 9001 and 14001 management systems at manufacturing sites
- Developing a facility statistical process control program that improved plant operations, management, and profitability
- Leading facility compliance and process control programs for manufacturing and food production/processing plants
Randy uses the value of this experience and insight to create systems and structure that link business operations and manufacturing production systems with effective quality and EHS practices.