Meet Our Team
- Areas of Expertise: EHS process assessment and development, regulatory compliance, integration planning/systems integration, EHS management systems, strategic planning, joint ventures/mergers and acquisitions, change management, and crisis management
- Education/Certifications: B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Texas A&M Kingsville, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Brenda is a successful executive, with over 35 years of experience working in the process industries, including 30 years with The Dow Chemical Company. At the time of her retirement from Dow, Brenda was EHS Mergers and Acquisitions Director, responsible for all aspects of EHS integrations and de-integrations across all regions of the company. Prior to that, Brenda served in a variety of senior EHS roles at Dow, including Global EHS Improvement Director, where she provided functional leadership to achieve EHS performance and compliance goals, and EHS Systems Expertise Center Leader, where she directed and supported the development, delivery, utilization, and sustainability of a standardized EHS Management System.
Brenda has provided a full range of corporate-level EHS services, including the following project highlights:
- Led activities required for successful implementation of EHS management systems and culture change across acquired assets.
- Significantly improved EHS implementation plan model and scorecard for acquisitions, JV formations for carve-out and Greenfield JVs, EHS M&A resource model, and shutdown methodology.
- Led initiatives that resulted in the following EHS performance improvements: reduced incident/illness rate by 27.5%; decreased process safety incidents by 16%; improved leaks, breaks, and spills (LOPCs) by 21%.
- Created strategies to integrate Responsible Care® throughout a large chemical organization. Received ACC’s Responsible Care® Leader of the Year Award.
- Developed integrated crisis management plan for EHS, which included predefined work processes and tools for managing a crisis/incident.
- Launched Six Sigma into the EHS function at Dow and aligned EHS functional activities to corporate Six Sigma strategy.
- Managed organization of regulatory experts charged with providing regulatory services across Texas in the areas of remediation, environmental auditing, and emergency response. Ensured site compliance with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Toxic Substances Control (TSCA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Superfund (SARA), and Pollution Prevention Act (PPA).