Certified Safety Professional – Consultant
Location: Madison, WI; Chicago, IL (Lisle); Austin, TX; or Houston, TX
Position type: Full-time, direct hire
Compensation will be salaried and commensurate with experience
Kestrel Management is seeking a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) – Consultant with good IT skills and a willingness to use new technology/tools. This role will provide safety consulting expertise to a variety of heavy industrial clients in sectors such as gas and electric utilities, chemicals/oil/gas, transportation, pulp and paper, foods, and manufacturing. Job includes travel to client locations for safety assessments, assistance with major incident investigations, compliance audits, development and implementation of safety management systems, human factors analysis, onsite senior-level compliance support, preparation of technical proposals, and participation in business development with existing and new clients, as well as other tasks, as assigned. Process Safety Management expertise is a plus.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure quality standards on project deliverables
- Provide onsite senior-level compliance support at client facilities
- Perform safety compliance audits and assist with follow-up corrective action at clients’ facilities
- Develop, manage, and implement safety management systems and programs for clients
- Develop and expand client relationships
- Prepare technical proposals
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Safety, Business Administration or related discipline
- 10-15 years of safety compliance and/or safety auditing experience
- Expertise in safety management systems
- Ability to market and sell safety compliance services to key clients
- CSP certification
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility, travel and work independently with minimal supervision
- Process Safety Management experience is a plus
- Some travel is required
Kestrel Management helps our clients manage risks associated with environmental, safety and quality issues. We do this through the development of business processes and systems designed for enterprise risk management, compliance assurance and process improvement. Depending on the client’s needs, these processes and systems may be developed independently or integrated with one or more of our software solutions or the client’s existing software applications.
Kestrel is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should email their resumes and qualifications to Chris Tarpey at firstname.lastname@example.org.