Business Development Specialist – Technology-Enabled Business Solutions
Location: Madison, WI
Position Type: Full-time, direct hire
Kestrel’s approach to applying technology solutions isn’t about finding and buying a software tool. It is about understanding our clients’ business needs, integrating our SharePoint technology tool into existing operations, and working with the client to deploy a useful solution.
We are seeking a tech-savvy individual who can serve as the first point of contact in introducing Kestrel’s technology solutions to prospective customers looking to better manage their business needs and environmental, health, safety, and food safety compliance activities. The Business Development Specialist plays a key role in working directly with prospective clients to define their business needs and requirements, present Kestrel’s SharePoint approach, and develop identified clients into strategic accounts.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining an active customer base by providing direct support to the customer and developing new sales to support Kestrel. This individual must be comfortable with understanding and interpreting technical requirements; presenting technology offerings; closing sales and obtaining orders; and providing excellent customer service to develop these strategic accounts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Leverage knowledge of proprietary technologies and platforms to help identify needs of clients
- Present technology solutions to identified clients
- Collaborate with Kestrel sales/marketing and technical teams to help identify, create, and develop best business solutions for Kestrel clients
- Collect and manage client data and expectations
- Configure devices for access, as defined
- Provide daily support of technical solutions and issues for clients
- Identify opportunities to expand Kestrel services
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Technical understanding of MS SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Business development and presentation skills
- Experience providing technology solutions to clients
- Ability to travel
- Marketing/business development
- Professional consulting services
- Project management
- Business administration background is a plus
Interested candidates should email their resumes and qualifications to Jesse Kunes at firstname.lastname@example.org.